Named after prominent Leeds-born architect Joseph Thewlis who designed the striking frieze that adorns the building, Thewlis Cocktail Lounge has taken over the entire ground floor of Kenneth Hodgson House. Built in 1901 and previously the banking hall of the West Riding Bank. With the building having such great historical importance to the city, sitting on one of the oldest streets in Leeds, Park Row, it was important to have its story within our branding.
Our logo depicts an owl, a Leeds symbol that Joseph Thewlis also incorporated into the frieze outside the building. Once inside, our guests will be overwhelmed with the original features, such as the beautiful, ornate mouldings on the ceilings.